Thursday, September 25, 2014

Reading Slumps

I know a lot of people have experienced the dreadful reading slump. They're terrible, aren't they?! You can't seem to find a book that can keep your interest or sometimes you just don't feel like picking up a book at all. When you have a TBR list that has over 150+ books on it, it sucks! So many books, so little time.. And a reading slump doesn't help at all. So, what do you do when you are in a reading slump and you want to get out? Here is a list of things that I came up with that I do when I am in a reading slump!

1. Change what genre of book you are reading. Sometimes you need to change it up. If you have been reading too much Romance or Contemporary, maybe try a Dystopian or maybe Fantasy? This can really help when in a reading slump.

2. Try reading on a different platform. What does this mean? Well if you are reading a physical copy of a book, maybe try reading an e-book on either your eReader/iPad/phone. Or maybe even try to listen to an audiobook! I like to mix up what I read on. I may read a few books on my iPad and then a few in physical copy, or I may alternate between the two. This helps me out a lot. I'm not sure why it helps so much, but it does. Give it a try!

3. One thing that has really helped me out is to re-read one of my favorite books. You love that book so of course it is bound to help pull you out of that nasty reading slump! This has helped me out of several reading slumps!

4. Sometimes your reading location can affect you and put you in a reading slump! Change it up some! I normally read in my bed or in the recliner in the living room. But sometimes I need a change. Maybe try reading in a park, a coffee shop, at a bookstore, in the bath! There are so many options. Just find a different reading spot! It could help!

5. Take a break. Sometimes a break is necessary. There is nothing wrong with taking a break from reading. You have a life that you need to live, so go live it. Your books will always be there when you get back!

6. Sometimes just visiting a bookstore will help. I mean, you are surrounded by awesome books! While you're in there, you may find some books you are interested in reading!


If you are in a reading slump, give some of these a try. There are lots more ideas and ways to help get you out of a reading slump, these are just ones that have helped me in the past and I thought I'd share them with you!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com