Thursday, August 28, 2014

Review: Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

 

Publisher: Dutton
Source: Borrowed
Pages: 339
Series: Anna and the French Kiss #3
Release Date: August 14, 2014



From the glittering streets of Manhattan to the moonlit rooftops of Paris, falling in love is easy for hopeless dreamer Isla and introspective artist Josh. But as they begin their senior year in France, Isla and Josh are quickly forced to confront the heartbreaking reality that happily-ever-afters aren’t always forever.

Their romantic journey is skillfully intertwined with those of beloved couples Anna and Étienne and Lola and Cricket, whose paths are destined to collide in a sweeping finale certain to please fans old and new.



I'm not sure why Stephanie Perkins decided to do this to us.. Again. I think she enjoys breaking our hearts just to pick the pieces right back up and then having us ball our eyes out from all the cuteness. But thank you Stephanie Perkins for another amazing book.

I don't know about you guys, but I loved Isla's character. I think that throughout the book, she has to learn a lot of things in life. By learning these things, I think that she was able to mature a lot as well as find out who she was somewhat. To be honest, her character reminded me a lot of myself. I am not one who likes to take risks. Taking risks scares me to death. 

Then you have Josh.. Oh Josh. Why do you have to be so cute?! You can really tell that he cares so much for Isla (even if she doesn't realize it.) He really seems like an awesome guy that any girl would kill to have!

Can we talk about that ending real quick (without spoilers of course...) But.. THAT ENDING. Like if I had to think of a perfect ending for this book, the ending I came up with would be crap compared to what Perkins did. THE FEELS. THE TEARS. THE BUTTERFLIES. THE EVERYTHING. Such an amazing ending to an amazing book and series!

Another thing.. That acknowledgment Stephanie Perkins did about her husband.. SO FREAKIN' CUTE! I'm going to be completely heart broken if she doesn't write any more romance books. NEED MORE ROMANCE FROM STEPHANIE PERKINS!

So, as you can tell... I really loved this book a lot. It is definitely one of my all time favorite series and I would recommend them to anyone. Especially if they want to feel all of the feels. If you haven't read these books, you need to go do that. Now. GO!

If you have read all three books, which was your favorite? 
I thought mine would remain Anna, but I think with the ending that Isla had, I'm going to have to pick this one as my favorite!









No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com