Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Questions For A Reader

I saw that Heather over at Bookables did this little questionnaire thing over on her blog so I thought it would be a  fun post to do!
Let's get on with the questions!

1. Which book has been on your shelves the longest?

To be honest, I'm not really sure. I think I have a couple books that I read when I was in like middle/elementary school somewhere in my house. I guess that counts?

2. What is your current read, your last read and the book you'll read next?

I am currently reading Isla and the Happily Ever After. I have NO idea what book I will be picking up next. Hopefully I won't have a terrible book hangover from Isla!

3. What book did everyone like and you hated?

The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. I absolutely hated that book.

4. Which book do you keep telling yourself you'll read, but you probably won't?

Easy, GoT. Everyone and their mothers seem to have read at least the first book.. I even bought the first book. But I probably never will read it. Why? Well for starters, the size terrifies me. Another, I'm not really info fantasy books. So, I'm not really sure why I bought the book haha.

5. Which book are you saving for "retirement?"

I'm not sure how to answer this.. I'm not really saving any books for "retirement".. Whatever that question is supposed to mean.

6. Last page: read it first or wait till the end?

Wait till the end, duh! No need to spoil the whole book!

7. Acknowledgements: waste of ink and paper or interesting aside?

I am perfectly fine with them. You worked so hard on the book, you deserve to thank the people who helped you along the way!

8. Which book character would you switch places with?

I think that it would be pretty cool to switch places with Isla from Isla and the Happily Ever After. Being in school in another Country as well as having adventurous Josh as your boyfriend? YES PLEASE!

9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, a place, a time)?

Yes, there is one book. I'm not going to mention anything on here about it and what book it is because it is personal, but there is one!

10. Name a book you acquired in some interesting way.

It's not really THAT interesting, but I have a book that I guess I "stole" from my 6th grade English teacher.. I didn't really steal it.. I just forgot to take it back.

11. Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?

Yes, I have. And they absolutely loved it!

12. Which book has been with you to the most places?

I guess all the books that I have on my phone haha. 

13. Any "required reading" you hated in high school that wasn't so bad ten years later?

Hmm.. Nah. I still hate them all. Haha.

14. What is the strangest item you've ever found in a book?

It's not really strange, but I was looking at books in a used book store once and a five dollar bill fell out of it.

15. Used or brand new?

I'm okay with both. Anyway I can save money, I'm all for!

16. Stephen King: Literary genius or opiate of the masses?

I've never read anything by him.

17. Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?

Hmm.. I can't say that I have.

18. Conversely, which book should NEVER have been introduced to celluloid?

I have no idea what celluloid even means... haha

19. Have you ever read a book that's made you hungry, cookbooks being excluded from this question?

YES!

20. Who is the person whose book advice you'll always take?

There are a few booktubers that I trust with their opinions because we usually have similar taste in books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com