Saturday, September 6, 2014

Review: Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol


Publisher: First Second
Source: Purchased
Pages: 221
Series: Standalone
Release Date: June 7, 2011



Of all the things Anya expected to find at the bottom of an old well, a new friend was not one of them. Especially not a new friend who’s been dead for a century.

Falling down a well is bad enough, but Anya's normal life might actually be worse. She's embarrassed by her family, self-conscious about her body, and she's pretty much given up on fitting in at school. A new friend--even a ghost--is just what she needs.

But Anya's new B.F.F. isn't kidding about the "forever" part...


I'm not really sure what it is about graphic novels that makes them so awesome. I mean, I guess it could be the awesome stories mixed with the beautiful artwork.. Yes, we will go with that.

I absolutely loved the artwork in Anya's Ghost. I thought that it really helped capture you and pull you into the story. I thought that the artwork fit the story very well with the development of the plot and it really enhanced the book rather than just having artwork.

So I heard that this book was "scary." At first I wasn't quite sure how this book was going to become scary.. But then the book took a dark turn and the book became super creepy. This creepy element in the book made me REALLY enjoy this book a lot!

I loved the characters in this book. I thought all four of their roles (Anya, her brother, her mom, and the ghost) were very well written. Each one of unique but awesome.

Overall, I really enjoyed reading this graphic novel. I think that this would be a perfect graphic novel for those of you who are new to graphic novels or haven't read them before. It's a quick and easy read as well as a really good book.







No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com