Monday, August 18, 2014

Review: Ten by Gretchen McNeil


Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Source: Purchased
Pages: 296
Series: Standalone
Release Date: September 18, 2012



SHHHH!
Don't spread the word!
Three-day weekend. Party at White Rock House on Henry Island.
You do NOT want to miss it.

It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school’s most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury.

But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine.

Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn’t scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?



WOW. This book was crazy. It was not only really good, but it was also really scary. I'm not one for liking scary things because I get nightmares really easily but I could not stop reading this book!

All of the characters were very unique in their own way. I really enjoyed getting the perspective of Meg. I think that she was the best character to get the POV from.

I also really liked the romance in this book. I was really hoping that the two people who wanted to be together actually ended up together in the end. 

Throughout the whole book, it had me really wanting to know who the murderer was. Just when I thought I knew, they would get killed off and I was left confused again. I loved having to try to figure out who it was. But then that ending.. THAT ENDING. That was NOT what I was expecting. Oh man. When the stuff happened at the end, I'm pretty sure my eyes grew wide and my mouth dropped open. A big plot twist for sure.

Although this book was a spin off of another book (And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie) I still really enjoyed this book. I thought that it was really well written and very enjoyable. 

Overall, I am so glad that I decided to give this book a shot. It helped me out of my reading slump! If you like mysterious and scary books, this one is definitely for you!







No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com