Thursday, July 24, 2014

Review: Where She Went by Gayle Forman

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IF I STAY, THERE MAY BE SOME SPOILERS!


Publisher: Speak
Source: Purchased
Pages: 274
Series: If I Stay #2
Release Date: April 17, 2012


It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.
Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.


Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I StayWhere She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.



This book is told in Adam's point of view. For some reason, I had a hard time getting into the book in the beginning. However, I eventually got so hooked. This book was an amazing conclusion to an amazing book.

I really loved being able to see things through Adam's eyes. We all know that he had to also go through a lot when Mia got into the car accident. I really liked being able to know how he was feelings and learning a little more about his life.

I really liked how in the beginning of each chapter, it started off with lyrics from a song by Shooting Star, Adam's band. The songs were inspired by Mia and you could tell. You can see his pain and his emotions through the lyrics. I thought that this really added a nice tough to the book.

I really enjoyed the ending to the book. After the ending of If I Stay and after reading the beginning of this book, I really wanted Mia and Adam to be together. I felt like their love for one another was a once in a life time sort of thing. Although I thought Mia's explanation of her pretty much disappearing was a little lame, I am really glad that they were able to work things out and realize their love for one another.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and I thought that it was a great wrap up to the duology. I definitely recommend reading both of them!





1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked this book. I was also hooked when I read this story. Gayle Forman is really one of my favorite authors.

    Great review ;)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com