Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Review: If I Stay by Gayle Forman


Publisher: Speak
Source: Purchased
Pages: 262
Series: If I Stay #1
Release Date: April 6, 2010




On a day that started like any other,

Mia had everything: a loving family, a gorgeous, admiring boyfriend, and a bright future full of music and full of choices. In an instant, almost all of that is taken from her. Caught between life and death, between a happy past and an unknowable future, Mia spends one critical day contemplating the only decision she has left. It is the most important decision she'll ever make.

Simultaneously tragic and hopeful, this is a romantic, riveting, and ultimately uplifting story about memory, music, living, dying, loving.




This book was beyond amazing. I have no idea why I waited so long to read it. It is a very emotional and touching story. I literally read this book in less than 24-hours and then immediately started on the sequel because it was so amazing.

After reading this book, and having some real like events happen, I realized that life can change at any moment for either the good or the bad. Everything that you once thought was going to happen now isn't. Someone you thought you were going to see again is now gone. It's a very heart breaking thing to have to deal with.

This is one of those books where you are easily connected with the characters because the events in the story could potentially happen to you in real life. Knowing that this sort of thing could happen to you is very frightening. It is also really sad because a lot of us have had to deal with tragedy or seen it on the news. It sucks to start thinking about losing someone so close to you but this book makes you really think about things and life.

Gayle Forman really didn't waste time with stabbing you right in the heart. I wasn't expecting the tragedy to happen so quickly in the story. However, I think it is what made the book so amazing. We were able to get to know the family just enough that they mattered to us but they weren't overdone in the book. While reading this and seeing what was happening to everyone who was dealing with the tragedy really made me feel like I was also a character in the book and made me feel things that they were feeling.

Overall, I think that Gayle Forman did an amazing job with this book. She was able to break our hearts but with an amazing story. If you haven't read this book, you need to. NOW. I promise you won't regret it!




2 comments:

  1. I loved this book so much! I think it's just one of those books that always stay with you. I remember when I first read it and how much I fell in love with it, but how it broke me and my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME. I can't wait to get my heart broken again by the movie!

      Delete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com